couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ASF IRC Services" <asf...@wilderness.apache.org>
Subject Summary of IRC meeting in #couchdb-meeting, Wed Jul 3 19:08:21 2013
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 19:47:06 GMT
Members present: benoitc, nslater, Wohali, rnewson, Kxepal

----------------
Meeting summary:
----------------

1. Preface

2. bigcouch merge
  a. http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201306.mbox/%3CCABvT1DHHcGgsB%3D%3D%2BFVMgFBTARqXq2K2t%3DefvkFiPngSxUW1Uzg%40mail.gmail.com%3E
(Kxepal, 2)
  b. rnewson to mail dev@ with plan of next merge steps (Kxepal, 2)

3. rcouch merge
  a. http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201307.mbox/%3CCAJNb-9ofSPVFNN_q3LFRApa5ULZ21suKJ3kTM1KQfvZZ1js2oQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
(Kxepal, 3)
  b. benoitc to send the needed docs for IP clearance (Kxepal, 3)

4. new release schedule
  a. http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201307.mbox/%3CCAPaJBx5aMVR3eA2XhwhSd34CXO6zN_YOon8ycS77W_%3DmoT293w%40mail.gmail.com%3E
(Kxepal, 4)
  b. all to look and comment (if you have something) on new couchdb release schedule (Kxepal,
4)

5. patches
  a. http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201307.mbox/%3CCAHdjip%2B6Rw1GvCz%3DWJzSrT7Z2NOLjx3P6t_iUV-Q3%2BGjH7K%3Dag%40mail.gmail.com%3E
(Kxepal, 5)
  b. all to look on patch list, pick what you like or feel important, rebase and give them
second change to get to CouchDB (Kxepal, 5)

6. git workflow
  a. git workflow process discussion is needed to be finished and documented. need somebody
git-guru to push this forward. (Kxepal, 6)


--------
Actions:
--------
- rnewson to mail dev@ with plan of next merge steps (Kxepal, 19:10:38)
- benoitc to send the needed docs for IP clearance (Kxepal, 19:20:56)
- all to look and comment (if you have something) on new couchdb release schedule (Kxepal,
19:23:48)
- all to look on patch list, pick what you like or feel important, rebase and give them second
change to get to CouchDB (Kxepal, 19:28:58)
- git workflow process discussion is needed to be finished and documented. need somebody git-guru
to push this forward. (Kxepal, 19:41:51)

IRC log follows:


# 1. Preface #
19:08:36 [Kxepal]: thanks!(:


# 2. bigcouch merge #
19:09:21 [Kxepal]: #link http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201306.mbox/%3CCABvT1DHHcGgsB%3D%3D%2BFVMgFBTARqXq2K2t%3DefvkFiPngSxUW1Uzg%40mail.gmail.com%3E
19:10:06 [Kxepal]: BigCouch merge IP clearance had successfully passed and this code is pulled
on 1843-feature-bigcouch branch
19:10:38 [Kxepal]: #action rnewson to mail dev@ with plan of next merge steps
19:10:51 [rnewson]: yup. We need a plan to finish the job, and time to teach folks the new
code.
19:11:01 [rnewson]: I will send an email, sure.
19:11:51 [Kxepal]: I'd walk through commits and found they very informative - teaching and
learning new stuff will be easy...I hope (:


# 3. rcouch merge #
19:13:07 [Kxepal]: #link http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201307.mbox/%3CCAJNb-9ofSPVFNN_q3LFRApa5ULZ21suKJ3kTM1KQfvZZ1js2oQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
19:14:05 [Kxepal]: voting for rcouch merge is over and now merge is on IP clearance stage
19:16:06 [Kxepal]: benoitc: would you like to add something on this?
19:19:33 [Kxepal]: good(:
19:19:41 [benoitc]: Kxepal: yes tomorrow will send the needed docs
19:19:50 [benoitc]: was distracted by due work
19:20:18 [Kxepal]: benoitc: oh..great!(:
19:20:56 [Kxepal]: #action benoitc to send the needed docs for IP clearance


# 4. new release schedule #
19:21:41 [Kxepal]: #link http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201307.mbox/%3CCAPaJBx5aMVR3eA2XhwhSd34CXO6zN_YOon8ycS77W_%3DmoT293w%40mail.gmail.com%3E
19:23:48 [Kxepal]: #action all to look and comment (if you have something) on new couchdb
release schedule


# 5. patches #
19:25:58 [Kxepal]: #link http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201307.mbox/%3CCAHdjip%2B6Rw1GvCz%3DWJzSrT7Z2NOLjx3P6t_iUV-Q3%2BGjH7K%3Dag%40mail.gmail.com%3E
19:27:37 [Kxepal]: during jira cleanup there was found a lot of patches for CouchDB that are
need for some attention while they are still may be actual (but may be requires for rebase)
19:28:58 [Kxepal]: #action all to look on patch list, pick what you like or feel important,
rebase and give them second change to get to CouchDB
19:35:14 [nslater]: meeting still on?
19:35:21 [nslater]: i have an item to discuss
19:35:30 [Wohali]: ASFBot: meeting end
19:35:36 [Wohali]: ASFBot: meeting send dev@couchdb.apache.org
19:35:36 [Kxepal]: nslater: still on(: welcome a board!
19:35:36 [nslater]: what!
19:35:44 [Wohali]: weird
19:35:51 [Kxepal]: karma! (:
19:35:52 [nslater]: okay, i'd like somebody to drive the Git process thread to a conclusion


# 6. git workflow #
19:36:21 [nslater]: randall mentioned that that he was interested in doing this, but i guess
he's been busy
19:36:46 [nslater]: all it needs is for somebody with the time to just pick something, document
it, and take us forward
19:37:37 [nslater]: that's all i have to add really. i'd like to get this sorted out
19:37:39 [Kxepal]: is whole process was already described or there is need additional discussion
around?
19:37:52 [nslater]: no - the process is not described. there was some discussion about options
19:38:06 [nslater]: it needs somebody to just decide on something and document it
19:38:59 [Kxepal]: I could help with documentation, but not sure that I'm right person for
making decisions about (:
19:39:21 [nslater]: right, well that's fine. but it needs someone to own the thing and drive
it to conclusion
19:41:51 [Kxepal]: #action git workflow process discussion is needed to be finished and documented.
need somebody git-guru to push this forward.
19:42:53 [nslater]: yes
19:46:59 [rnewson]: ASFBot: meeting end


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message