couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject [QA] Jenkins setup (Was: Re: [QA][REQUEST] Fix or disable failing test on 1.3.x)
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 09:39:05 GMT
Hi,

At the moment, Jan has a Jenkins setup running on one of his machines.

Just searched my mail, Trello, etc for a link to Jan's Jenkins setup, but I
can't find it. Could someone remind me? (Sorry!)

I'd like to build Jenkins into the release procedure. I see this as a two
step integration process.

First, we can:

    1. Add a note to check the build status of Jenkins before doing the
release

Then, after a bit of time, I'd like to:

    2. Grab the release artefacts directly from Jenkins for signing

If we could get to (2), doing a release would be trivial.

So, I have a few questions:

    a. What's the status of our current Jenkins setup? Is it ready for (1)?

    b. How long before we can get to (2)?

    c. What's blocking the move to the ASF-run Jenkins?

For (c), I recently found out that we have some OS X Jenkins nodes
available to us at the ASF. We can also spin up any flavour of Linux that
we feel like. So it seems like there should be no blockers here except time.

This would be an *excellent* project for someone who's interested in
improving our QA. And would be massively valuable to the project. (Though,
maybe I am a bit biased here as one of the primary "customers" of the
project. Hehe.)

Thanks!

--
NS