couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][REQUEST] Release notes for 1.3.1-rc.2
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 02:33:43 GMT
Alex,

I can't modify NEWS or CHANGES (or in the future, the docs) once the vote
has been called. This would involve modifying the release artefact, which
is strictly forbidden, for obvious reasons.

Unfortunately, at the point of calling the release, I do not have any data.
Not even an approximate one. In the past, it has taken us 4 days to get to
the release point. And some other times it has taken us 6 months.

The only things I can do after calling the vote (which is when I will know
a date) is:

 1) Modify the HTML release notes (as they are separate)
 2) Modify the Current_Releases wiki page
 3) Updated NEWS, CHANGES, docs/ in the Y.Y.x and master branches

There is no way I can get a release date into the release artefact for the
most current release. It's impossible!

I'd like to suggest that 1, 2, and 3 are all added to the release procedure.

--
NS