couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Update on using git
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 21:36:13 GMT
Odd way to phrase it. Alternative proposals should not be
a destructive part of the process. The goal here is to generate ideas, toss
out the ones that don't work, pick your favourite, and drive consensus on
it.

So, there are two possible ways I can see this unfolding:

 * Everyone agrees with you that the git-flow stuff is not needed, in which
case, great. Work everyone's comments in to the original proposal, and then
move it from DISCUSS to VOTE.

 * There is still some disagreement about what we want to do. In this case,
I agree, we do not have consensus. (I wouldn't describe this as
a destruction of coherency. Instead: productive discussion!) The next
step forward in this instances is to drive that discussion, and hopefully
come out with a proposal that most people like.

I note that Randal posted several mails, and so did Dirkjan. But nobody
has responded to them. A good way to kick this off again would be to
respond to those points, I think.

I would love to drive this, but I can't, mostly because I have no idea what
I'm talking about when it comes to Git. ;)

--
NS