couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Ideafy: an iOS app using couchdb and couchdb-lucene
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:27:55 GMT

on couchDB and also utilizing couchdb-lucene(http://appstore.com/ideafy) .

> It is a collaborative brainstorming and Idea management tool that combines social networking,
serious gaming and brainstorming sessions into a single platform for tablets (and later all
browser-capable devices).

> The production environment is hosted in the Joyent Cloud, with couchdb and couch-lucene
instances running on dedicated machines.

> The server side is powered by node.js -- we use socket.io and (in my subjective view)
a set of powerful libraries developed by Olivier Scherrer (emily, olives and couchdb-emily-tools
: more info at http://flams.github.io/CouchDB-emily-tools/) to really simplify db communications
on both client and server sides.

> I would be grateful if you could take a quick look at the above and if applicable add
a reference to Ideafy on the wiki and maybe on other places where you think it may fit.

> Best regards,
> Vincent

Hi Vincent, Olivier,

This looks amazing! Feel free to add yourself to the wiki, reply back
with your username so we can add you to the contributors group, and
you can add an entry yourself. If you tweet some more info, and /cc
@couchdb we'll do a RT for you as well.

A+
Dave