couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject couchdb replication algorithm
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 07:51:13 GMT
Hi all,

I've written sometimes ago for another usage a document describing the
replication algorithm in pseudo-code:

https://github.com/refuge/rcouch/wiki/Replication-Algorithm

Utltimately this document would allow me to write an alternative
replicator to couchdb that would work with any kind of storages.
Hopefully someone can help me to fix the errors and provide some basic
implementation either in Go or Python (for readability).

It can als be completed  with the excellent doc of +Jens Alfke :

https://github.com/couchbase/couchbase-lite-ios/wiki/Replication-Algorithm

or the one in dataprotocols:

http://www.dataprotocols.org/en/latest/couchdb_replication.html

Any help is appreciated on that topic. Also at the end I think this
document would allow to close the Jira issue:

- benoit