couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][REQUEST] Release notes for 1.3.1-rc.2
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 20:26:48 GMT
Noah,

Not sure that I know all details of release process, but since you
know release day (for instance, 27.06.2013 for 1.3.1) and you have
process a bit automated, so, probably, it's possible to have
placeholder in release notes which will be replaced with
current/specified date when you run `make release X.Y.Z`.

I feel `make release X.Y.Z` does something like:
- update news,changes, notes, setting release date (current or predefined)
- creates git tag X.Y.Z
- makes dist sources
- publish artefacts
- sends announce mails / create blog posts etc.

Or if you don't have such magic `make release` command it still
possible to make manually (but it looks boring and complicated to do
this always manually).

Anyway, idea is based on the fact that you know the release date
(planned for some point in nearest future) or it's just current one.

--