couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git commit: updated refs/heads/master to c98ba56
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2013 02:14:43 GMT
On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Jason Smith <jhs@iriscouch.com> wrote:
> Hi, Benoit.
>
> I did not put this in a branch since it was a single commit. I think I
> missed that IRC meeting and did not realize the policy.
>
> My original implementation assumed a "raw" update if the password had a
> "-pbkdf2-" prefix. Yes, that means people can no longer have a password of
> literally "-pbkdf2-<etc.>" but I figured CouchDB should DTRT in that one
> special case.

Isn't that already a restriction in the sense that you can't put a
plaint-text password in the .ini that starts with -pbkdf2-?

> The new way (?raw=true), the API is explicit rather than implicit. That is
> "simple" in its own way.

But less simple in that it's a new parameter and new feature (assuming
what I said before is correct -- that it was not possible via the .ini
to have this kind of password). I'm leaning toward Benoit's suggestion
on this one.