couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Weyl <vincent.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Ideafy: an iOS app using couchdb and couchdb-lucene
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:18:33 GMT
Hi All,

I just wanted to share that we have released an iPad application called Ideafy based on couchDB
and also utilizing couchdb-lucene(http://appstore.com/ideafy) .

It is a collaborative brainstorming and Idea management tool that combines social networking,
serious gaming and brainstorming sessions into a single platform for tablets (and later all
browser-capable devices).

The production environment is hosted in the Joyent Cloud, with couchdb and couch-lucene instances
running on dedicated machines.

The server side is powered by node.js -- we use socket.io and (in my subjective view) a set
of powerful libraries developed by Olivier Scherrer (emily, olives and couchdb-emily-tools
: more info at http://flams.github.io/CouchDB-emily-tools/) to really simplify db communications
on both client and server sides.

I would be grateful if you could take a quick look at the above and if applicable add a reference
to Ideafy on the wiki and maybe on other places where you think it may fit.

Best regards,
Vincent