couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ASF IRC Services" <asf...@wilderness.apache.org>
Subject Summary of IRC meeting in #couchdb-meeting, Wed Jun 19 19:05:16 2013
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:43:55 GMT
Members present: benoitc, drsm79, wendall911, Kxepal, chewbranca, Wohali

----------------
Meeting summary:
----------------

1. Preface
  a. Kxepal to get finally the cloak (Wohali, 1)

2. 1.3.1 release
  a. nslater to ship 1.3.1 release (Kxepal, 2)
  b. nslater to ship 1.3.1 release (Wohali, 2)

3. fauxton
  a. https://gist.github.com/chewbranca/5816534 (Kxepal, 3)
  b. people to comment on chewbranca's fauxton and replicator commands in JIRA or the ML (Wohali,
3)

4. rcouch merge
  a. benoitc to propose vote for rcouch merge with short digest about rcouch features (Kxepal,
4)

5. bigcouch ip clearance

6. docs
  a. kxepal to finish configuration, installation and administration guides for docs and describe
query server and replication protocols (Kxepal, 6)


--------
Actions:
--------
- Kxepal to get finally the cloak (Wohali, 19:05:21)
- nslater to ship 1.3.1 release (Kxepal, 19:06:17)
- nslater to ship 1.3.1 release (Wohali, 19:06:29)
- people to comment on chewbranca's fauxton and replicator commands in JIRA or the ML (Wohali,
19:14:01)
- benoitc to propose vote for rcouch merge with short digest about rcouch features (Kxepal,
19:26:12)
- kxepal to finish configuration, installation and administration guides for docs and describe
query server and replication protocols (Kxepal, 19:38:16)

IRC log follows:


# 1. Preface #
19:05:21 [Wohali]: #action Kxepal to get finally the cloak
19:05:28 [Kxepal]: woo..magic!


# 2. 1.3.1 release #
19:05:54 [Wohali]: plz to vote, myself included
19:06:01 [Kxepal]: Noah is on vacantions now, but everything is ready to ship (mac and windows
builds)
19:06:06 [Wohali]: excellent
19:06:17 [Kxepal]: #action nslater to ship 1.3.1 release
19:06:29 [Wohali]: #action nslater to ship 1.3.1 release
19:06:36 [Wohali]: (dunno if it listens to you yet :( )
19:07:01 [Kxepal]: [offtopic] afaik actions and links aren't requires karma
19:07:58 [Kxepal]: tilgovi isn't there to ask about deb package - afaik he wanted to make
it, but not sure
19:08:17 [Kxepal]: ok, moving forward


# 3. fauxton #
19:08:42 [Kxepal]: wee (:
19:08:55 [Kxepal]: sorry
19:09:18 [Kxepal]: chewbranca just mailed about Fauxton Tidings
19:09:21 [Kxepal]: #link https://gist.github.com/chewbranca/5816534
19:09:33 [drsm79]: good work chewbranca :)
19:09:49 [Wohali]: hooray russell
19:10:02 [drsm79]: should people feedback via JIRA (assume yes)?
19:10:21 [Kxepal]: awesome! didn't read detailed yet (will do it after meeting), but looks
really wonderful
19:10:24 [Wohali]: my only comment i sthat deprecation of _replicate should be no sooner than
2.0
19:10:49 [Wohali]: i guess it could be deprecated but not removed now.
19:11:24 [Kxepal]: it's bikesheding question since one shot replications will pollute replicator
db in this case, but it's good to raise it one more time in ML
19:11:24 [drsm79]: +1 
19:11:31 [Wohali]: indeed
19:12:02 [Kxepal]: afaik rnewson is working on alternative solution for clouldant: https://github.com/cloudant/couch_replicator
19:12:41 [Wohali]: that's just a new implementation of the same api iirc
19:12:46 [Kxepal]: it's also very interesting implementation to look on (per user's replicator
database)
19:13:11 [Wohali]: yeah, the original design has some serious security issues when taken in
the light of multitenancy.
19:14:01 [Wohali]: #action people to comment on chewbranca's fauxton and replicator commands
in JIRA or the ML
19:15:16 [drsm79]: we should probably get sue (deathbear) along to these in the future
19:15:28 [drsm79]: she's done a lot of the fauxton code
19:17:58 [Wohali]: ok, what's next
19:18:11 [Kxepal]: drsm79: great! hope it will be soon (:


# 4. rcouch merge #
19:18:36 [Kxepal]: benoitc: are you there?
19:19:39 [benoitc]: mostly
19:20:36 [Kxepal]: benoitc: any plans for rcouch merge?(:
19:21:34 [benoitc]: apparently i have to propose to a vote this merge (though I would have
prefer to just merge it as usual commits)
19:22:25 [benoitc]: so i need to digest this indigest doc, and will probably propose to the
vote all the thing tomorrow.
19:23:48 [benoitc]: the plan is to propose all the features in rcouch
19:24:49 [Kxepal]: great news! is any help required with this?
19:25:08 [benoitc]: ie view changes, replication based on view, lager merging, validate on
read, fixes in replication, rebar, live upgrade and all
19:25:54 [benoitc]: yeah i have a couple of questions on the process yet, but they may disappear
after another read of this doc
19:26:12 [Kxepal]: #action benoitc to propose vote for rcouch merge with short digest about
rcouch features
19:27:28 [Kxepal]: benoitc: I think rnewson and nslater may share some information about .
Also, on previous meeting jan____ posted some clarification about ip clearance process which
also might be helpful
19:27:47 [benoitc]: wll read that thx


# 5. bigcouch ip clearance #
19:30:11 [Kxepal]: ah, I'd forgot...
19:30:24 [Kxepal]: [20:29:08]  rnewson: oops, I forgot to do more of that ip clearance doc
:/
19:30:38 [chewbranca]: hey just got in, I'm pretty swamped today so have to jet again, but
please check out the fauxton tidings email and I'll respond to any comments or questions later
today or tomorrow, cheers!
19:30:56 [Kxepal]: so will wait for news on next meeting (:
19:31:29 [Kxepal]: chewbranca: sure we will! thanks for awesome work(:


# 6. docs #
19:33:13 [Kxepal]: I'd started pushing things to the 1781-reorganize-and-improve-docs git
branch. it follows the targets described in COUCHDB-1781 issue
19:33:20 [Kxepal]: COUCHDB-1781
19:33:51 [drsm79]: cool Kxepal
19:34:14 [Kxepal]: currently there is only configuration reference, but djc wisely mentioned
that's guide style is better there and grouping similar things is a good idea
19:35:10 [Kxepal]: so I'm regrouping config reference now, extracting some guides into other
docs sections (administrators guide for instance) to improve overall readablity
19:36:31 [Kxepal]: in my plans is to finish configuration reference, installation and administrators
guides, query server and replication protocols till next week
19:38:16 [Kxepal]: #action kxepal to finish configuration, installation and administration
guides for docs and describe query server and replication protocols
19:38:48 [Kxepal]: any review and typo/style fixing will be great since I'm not native English
speaker (:
19:38:55 [Kxepal]: that's all from me
19:40:09 [wendall911]: thanks, Kxepal 
19:40:35 [drsm79]: thats awesome Kxepal
19:41:11 [Kxepal]: thanks (:
19:43:48 [Wohali]: ASFBot: meeting end


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message