couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Pavan Sudheendra <pavan0...@gmail.com>
Subject Information regarding bugs!
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 15:23:03 GMT
Hi all,

I've been in constant touch with Dave and i'm all set to contribute in some
way or another :)

I wanted to ask you all about this but couldn't attend the IRC meet today
for some reason.

I need your input on these bugs.

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1736 Database Aliases.

2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1735 Allow Database
renaming.

Can you please explain what might be the issues i'd face if i took these
bugs on?

Database renaming conceptually looks simple, move or copy all the documents
of the database into a seperate view and delete the previous database. Is
there something which i'm missing? I know there is a lot more to this.
Would be glad if someone explained to me how its going to be.

What about Database Aliases?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
--
Regards-