couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting rid of file lists in documentation Makefiles
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 13:27:41 GMT
Actually, I prefer that project documentation be kept on the wiki.

The docs that we have in the source are the "CouchDB Manual" (as I
have titled it), and I see them as a reference work for CouchDB itself.
Setting it up, configuring it, using it, etc.

I see the wiki as more a place for the project / community to document and
organise itself. Consider that our homepage is a single HTML page. Most of
what we'd usually have on a website was moved to the wiki. So, I'm talking
release process, release calendar, source locations, active releases,
committer election process, PMC election process, and soon, by-laws,
community guides, etc.

I'd like to keep this stuff on the wiki for now.

--
NS