couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.3.1-rc.1
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 08:54:28 GMT
I'm worried about it for two reasons:

1) It sets a precedent  The test suite forms a "contract" between us and
our users. They expect it to work. If we're prepared to ship software with
failing tests, then what is the point of the tests?

2) I was recently contacted by the Homebrew people, and we had a
conversation about tests. Apparently, they rely on "make distcheck", and
when the tests fail, the build fails. They will not be the only downstream
packagers that rely on this functionality.

--
NS