couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] The Apache CouchDB Project
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 11:48:05 GMT
Didn't sound grumpy or ranty to me. ;)

The category tags were originally formulated here:

http://markmail.org/message/qyocuzpqnlgbabeq

This was in response to Benoit's concern that lazy consensus was being
declared in subjects that were using [DISCUSS]. Specifically, he wants to
know up front if there's a 72 hour window for him to provide feedback.
These seems reasonable to me, and so the category tags are there to make
intentions clear.

I've not actually looked at the "[PROPOSAL] Pulling INSTALL.* into the
docs" thread yet, but I can tell, just from the subject, that it is making
a concrete proposal, and that I have 72 hours to reply before action is
taken. Which is actually quite exciting! We've never had that sort of
clarity before.

The list of "teams" seems a little intimidating. But I don't see this is a
"process". I think Jan has designed it to be as lightweight as possible.
The whole idea is that you can basically do whatever you like. But we've
been wanting to form teams for well over a year now, and I think this is a
fairly decent MVP approach to that.

Here's another way of putting it that might seem less intimidating: let's
all start to tag our emails more often. This allows other people to filter
out threads, or prioritise threads. If one tag starts to swamp dev, let's
move it to a new list.

--
NS