couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting rid of file lists in documentation Makefiles
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 21:29:20 GMT
My concern is that when you use wildcards, a malicious (or broken) program
could add files to the output that are then bundled up, and we end up
shipping them in a release. At the moment, every file that we ship has been
explcitly included. Having said that, my release procedure is now
sufficiently advanced that I can detect missing/extra files, as well as
"surprising" content. So I am not sure I need to be as vigilant about this
as I used to be...

With that in mind, I'd say:  do whatever you think is best.

--
NS