couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <>
Subject Re: Getting rid of file lists in documentation Makefiles
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 15:39:12 GMT
I'm torn on this issue.

(Please read that whole section.)

Summary is:

 * Wildcards make it easy to distribute the wrong files (either too many,
or too few)

 * Wildcards are not portable

Please also consider that with Benoit's rcouch merge, we're moving away
from Autotools entirely (I believe), so we will have the chance to throw
off / simplify a lot of this stuff.

What are your thoughts having read that section?