couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Pulling INSTALL.* into the docs
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 13:13:15 GMT
On 22 May 2013 12:58, Dirkjan Ochtman <> wrote:

> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Noah Slater <> wrote:
> > Let's aim to get down to a single file that:
> Maybe README.rst, since we're already using that for docs?

Good call.

(BTW, I say "aim" because LICENSE and NOTICE still need to exist, at an
absolute minimum.)

> a) looks good on GitHub, and
> > 2) gives a GitHub style overview, and
> I'm not sure what Github-style overviews look like, have (an) example(s)?

Ah, well what I meant is "GitHub-style". I know that's nebulous, so I guess
what I *really* mean is that GitHub-native projects write their READMEs
with the express understanding that it's the first thing many people read
about the project. i.e. Mini dev-oriented home-pages. So I think we should
aim to do something like that.