couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: couchdb ppa - help needed
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 18:51:56 GMT
On 22 May 2013 18:11, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> +1 on moving RPM/DEB meta data into the main source tree. (Jan, these tools
> expect specific top level dirs/files, but they're usually self-contained.
> As you say, we can change things if it gets cluttered.)
>
> Benoit, what about maintaining rpms/debs on Apache infra? Is there any
> reason we'd want to use Ubuntu PPAs, when we can just set up an APT
> repository with something like reprepro, and stick it on dist.apache.org.

I think this is a great idea, although I don't fully understand
reprepro nor the work involved yet.

If cloudant is still supporting their spidermonkey builds, we should
use those, if not, I'd like to re-use their build packages, and point
to erlang-solutions OTP builds. This should be a pretty solid
arrangement.

A+
Dave