couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Archive Apache CouchDB 1.2.1
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 09:30:52 GMT
On 24 April 2013 14:46, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Apr 12, 2013, at 14:14 , Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Thinking about this, we might want to clarify the difference between a
>> > release not being supported, and a release being archived. Obviously, it
>> > makes no sense to keep around two bugfix versions of the same minor
>> release
>> > line. (In this case, 1.2.1 and 1.2.2.) But 1.2.1 was released in January,
>> > so I think we'll probably want to "support" it for 12 months, as we've
>> > previously discussed. I am not exactly sure what "support" means in this
>> > context. I guess when we talk about supporting releases, what we actually
>> > mean is that we support major/minor release lines. So, in this case, we
>> > "support" 1.2.x, in so much as we will continue to apply bugfixes to that
>> > branch.

Sorry for bumping an old thread up, but I was looking on the mirrors
for 1.2.2 windows binaries and didn't find them.

I re-read http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/CurrentReleases#Archived_Releases
and this actually makes sense as we've agreed "Support Major
Versions". i.e. 1.3.x is the latest in the 1.x major version series.
But does that mean we only keep the latest version on the mirrors?

My apologies if we've already agreed this & it is just sinking into my
little bear brain today.

TL;DR does it make sense to keep the n and n-1 active releases on the
mirrors, or shall I just point people to
http://archive.apache.org/dist/couchdb/binary/win/1.2.2/  etc? Maybe
add a link on our website?

A+
Dave