couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] How to generate our release notes (Was: Re: [4/6] git commit: updated refs/heads/1.3.x to 5e64395)
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 07:31:23 GMT
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Alex/Dirkjan - have you any more outstanding doc bits to merge in? We
>> also have Stefan's github PR https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/58
>> to go in.
>
> I'd take this changes as modified patch into my local repo since I
> have a bit different docs structure now. They are not forgotten.

Hmm, please keep your changes in an upstream branch? I've been merging
a bunch of chapters, so you might have some conflicts to resolve. We
should probably try to hash out a better structure for the docs, it's
currently pretty messy.

As for changelogs/NEWS/CHANGES, I:

- Agree we should merge all of these
- Don't agree that we should use split files per minor release branch
- Think we might split, say, pre-1.0 releases into a changelog archive
- Think we should write a nicely hand-written introduction for each
minor release branch
- And fairly extensive, somewhat-ordered changes for each micro release

Cheers,

Dirkjan