couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <>
Subject Getting rid of file lists in documentation Makefiles
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 12:58:55 GMT
Hi there,

Keeping in sync with the actual documentation is a PITA,
and doesn't add any value. In fact, I broke the build over the weekend
by not removing some files from the Makefiles. Instead, we can use
invocations of find to find the relevant files in these cases:

html_files := $(shell find ./html/ -type f -not -wholename "*doctree*"
-not -name ".buildinfo")
image_files := $(shell find ../images/ -type f)
src_files := $(shell find ../src/ -name "*.rst" -or -name "")
src_files_html := $(shell find ../static/ ../templates/ -type f)

(This would replace the respective lists of files in

Anyone opposed to that?

View raw message