couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2/2] git commit: updated refs/heads/1696-backport-mochiweb-2-4-2-1.3.x to 266cd32
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 18:42:47 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Dirkjan Ochtman" <dirkjan@ochtman.nl>
Date: May 28, 2013 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: [2/2] git commit: updated
refs/heads/1696-backport-mochiweb-2-4-2-1.3.x to 266cd32
To: "dev@couchdb.apache.org" <dev@couchdb.apache.org>

> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > uh? i thought the consensus was to not apply it on 1.3. When this change
> > has been decided? ( and tested)
>
> It's being tested right now, join #couchdb-dev and help. ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dirkjan

Well the mailing list is my bible, as it should be for all of us....

Anyway I don't understand this last-minute change. We were agree to have it
on 1.4 (or next major) and suddenly it changed. At least the *public*
discussion stalled on that.

Also I don't think that bumping a release of a dependency + patching our
code to support it should enter in a minor release which is supposed to be
only for fixes.

Anyway I won't block on that thing, but it's still surprising. Hopefully
everything will go well.

benoit