couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb ppa - help needed
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 20:00:51 GMT
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> Hmm, okay.
>
> But add-apt-repository surely works with a regular URL too?

yes

> What about Debian users? Can they use the same PPA? Or are we only
> targeting Ubuntu for now?

It is apparently possible, but never tested.

Why not to have both. Of course we should support debian. Diversity is
important. I like the position of nginx about that. Actually the
ubuntu ppa is unofficial but they add "may be more fitting for your
environment." Which is the reason I think we could have both. Nginx
also maintain its own debian repo.

- benoit