couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject couchdb ppa - help needed
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 14:57:56 GMT
Hello,

I was looking at the PPA from Randall which is the most up to date I
think (correct me if I'm wrong) and wanted to create a pseudo-official
one, at least one that we can give the link. I have have also 3 goals:

- having the stable version always available
- having a nightly build
- optionnaly having a beta branch for beta releases

(Any others ideas are welcome).

Anyway to do that I've create a couchdb team on launchpad:

https://launchpad.net/~couchdb

Members are restricted. Since I knew the login of randall I added Him.
If others committers have a  login please let me know and I will add
it (contact me with your apache address). I will also add anyone that
could help to make this debian package happen especially if he come
with a patch ;) So please raise your hand!

Now apart these administrative details I wanted  to collect the
current efforts to not start from scratch. For now I have found the
following packages for debian:

For js:

https://github.com/cloudant/packages/tree/master/debian/js

(though the license of the package need to be clarified)

couchdb:

https://launchpad.net/~randall-leeds/+archive/couchdb

any other?

Voila, hopefully we will have a ppa available in June, and it would be
cool to have one coming with the next release. So please help :)

- benoit