couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject fix testing in next major release
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 13:35:13 GMT
I would like to start to rewrite all of our tests to make them really relianle.

The problems that I want to fix are the following:

- try to remove most of the sleep w e have around
- remove JS tests when it's about testing the HTTP API. There are
actually no reason to test the HTTP API by faking a browser like we do
actually when we could test expected response against requests. The JS
tests should only be used eventually to test the the _change API or
CORS features, basically any browser features. But we are still doing
it wrong right now.
- Etap is not maintained anymore. I think we should move to eunit and
other standards things.

Thoughts?

- benoit