couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Denny Trebbin <denny.treb...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Elixir language for CouchDB hacking
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 13:20:44 GMT
Hi,

I try to step out of the dark and turn from silent into speaker mode ;-)

Recently http://elixir-lang.org/ has gotten some love and support by Dave
Thomas via his book http://pragprog.com/book/elixir/programming-elixir and
a screencast on YouTube http://youtu.be/a-off4Vznjs

I would like to contribute to CouchDB because CDB is nice and I've never
had troubles with my IrisCouch instance. But with plain old Erlang I can
not do too much to pay something back to CouchDB. I hope I can give back
something to CouchDB using Elixir instead.

Here is my plan.
1. get to know if Elixir is welcome here
2. get some support on understanding CouchDB's Erlang code architecture
3. identify where and how to inject Elixir
4. hack & test

Thank you
--Denny