couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "CouchDB In The Wild"
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 16:58:27 GMT
Welcome back! Updating the wiki now.

B.

On 20 May 2013 17:42, thanos vassilakis <thanos@infinigongroup.com> wrote:
> here is an entry for your "CouchDB In The Wild"
>
> At Infinigon Group we're currently using couchdb in production for our social analytical
trade signal system. We currently store well  over a billion entities - such  as tweets -
 and our database is growing at a rate of 1370 records per second. We started with couchdb
but due to trend and management pressure we were obliged moved to mongodb but now after a
year of pain with mongodb we are back to couchdb. We find the couchdb platform to be much
more stable and consistent and by using Erlang views and careful normalization of our data
we have  achieve performances that match if not surpass  mongodb.