couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Merge changes for CouchDB 1.3.1
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 18:59:36 GMT
Where are we with merge procedure? What's the workflow we want to see
for master -> 1.3.1?

1.3.1 is cut from 1.3.x I assume. But you asked a lot of questions
about how to make it easier to see the differences.

The best I could come up with to satisfy your question would have been
to insist that *every single commit* on master be a merge commit and
that those same merged heads could be merged to 1.3.x. That would, I
think, make a log like "--first-parent 1.3.x..master" show only the
ones that haven't been backported (I think).

I already applied at least one fix via cherry-picking. I'll put it in CHANGES.