couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] dont't abuse of "lazy concensus" on mail tagged [DISCUSS]
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 20:08:54 GMT
+1

I think lazy consensus is valuable, but I think it's antithetical to [DISCUSS].

If something should be discussed, it should be open for some time.

I think the sensible way to do things would be to have discussion open
for a week or two and then a lazy consensus email summarizing the
discussion and what consensus the OP believes we have. That could be
just 72 hours, but at that point the discussion has already happened
and the 72 hours is a formality to ensure that people have a chance to
quickly disagree about what the discussion yielded.