couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb ppa - help needed
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 18:54:12 GMT
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was looking at the PPA from Randall which is the most up to date I
> think (correct me if I'm wrong) and wanted to create a pseudo-official
> one, at least one that we can give the link. I have have also 3 goals:
>
> - having the stable version always available
> - having a nightly build
> - optionnaly having a beta branch for beta releases
>
> (Any others ideas are welcome).
>
> Anyway to do that I've create a couchdb team on launchpad:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~couchdb
>
> Members are restricted. Since I knew the login of randall I added Him.
> If others committers have a  login please let me know and I will add
> it (contact me with your apache address). I will also add anyone that
> could help to make this debian package happen especially if he come
> with a patch ;) So please raise your hand!
>
> Now apart these administrative details I wanted  to collect the
> current efforts to not start from scratch. For now I have found the
> following packages for debian:
>
> For js:
>
> https://github.com/cloudant/packages/tree/master/debian/js
>
> (though the license of the package need to be clarified)
>
> couchdb:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~randall-leeds/+archive/couchdb
>
> any other?

I had been using git-buildpackage tools to maintain debian, upstream,
and pristine-tar branches. I was doing this all from my local couchdb
repo. I don't know whether or not it makes sense to push all this to
apache git or not, but I would love to collaborate this way. I find
the gbp (git buildpackage) tools to be pretty helpful now that I'm
used to it.