couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: wiki choice: moinmoin vs confluence
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 19:58:44 GMT

On May 1, 2013, at 11:50 AM, Paul Okstad <pokstad@gmail.com<mailto:pokstad@gmail.com>>
wrote:

I believe part of the reason for the lack of documentation is the lack
luster moinmoin wiki.

I agree; it's pretty unpleasant to use. I've been contributing to it intermittently for over
a year but it's always a chore.

CouchDB is also about a community of developers and users, and Atlassian
has been working very hard on making the current Confluence release more
and more social.

We use Confluence internally at Couchbase, but in practice people don't seem very happy with
it — informally, it looks to me like people here use private Github wikis and Google Docs
a lot more for internal docs. The usual complaint I hear is that it's too complicated, and
too hard to find things in.

But it's better than MoinMoin, and it integrates with Jira, so I'd be in favor of switching.
(Not that I have any sway around here.)

Another alternative would be a wiki CouchApp. (Mm, dog food!) Are there any good ones?

—Jens