couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From thanos vassilakis <tha...@infinigongroup.com>
Subject "CouchDB In The Wild"
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 16:42:54 GMT
here is an entry for your "CouchDB In The Wild"

At Infinigon Group we're currently using couchdb in production for our social analytical trade
signal system. We currently store well  over a billion entities - such  as tweets -  and our
database is growing at a rate of 1370 records per second. We started with couchdb but due
to trend and management pressure we were obliged moved to mongodb but now after a year of
pain with mongodb we are back to couchdb. We find the couchdb platform to be much more stable
and consistent and by using Erlang views and careful normalization of our data we have  achieve
performances that match if not surpass  mongodb.

keep up the good work

Yours faithfully

Thanos Vassilakis

Director of IT.