couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: Deleted and Replacement documents and VDU behavior
Date Sat, 18 May 2013 20:57:36 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

On May 18, 2013, at 1:39 PM, "Randall Leeds" <randall.leeds@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM, Jim Klo <jim.klo@sri.com> wrote:
>>

>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On May 18, 2013, at 1:56 AM, "Randall Leeds" <randall.leeds@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I just realized that it's not clear which revision should be provided
>>> when attempting to revive a deleted doc, since there may have been
>>> several revision histories which ended in deletes and there is no
>>> previous rev specified.
>>
>> I think in this case only I'd expect only the deleted 'tombstone' doc to be handed.
I'm not sure what rev that falls under.

> I'm saying that due to replication conflicts it may be that there are
> multiple choices.

Thanks Randall,

Educate me please. How does this differ from how it works now on an update where the rev is
provided? Assuming the doc has been deleted, the rev of the tombstone is the only thing I
would think you'd have to be concerned.  How would a conflict occur? Are you thinking that
the conflict is when replicating from multiple sources - I'd think you'd have this race condition
either way in a M-M scenario.

Jim