couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Archive Apache CouchDB 1.2.1
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 13:14:13 GMT
Thinking about this, we might want to clarify the difference between a
release not being supported, and a release being archived. Obviously, it
makes no sense to keep around two bugfix versions of the same minor release
line. (In this case, 1.2.1 and 1.2.2.) But 1.2.1 was released in January,
so I think we'll probably want to "support" it for 12 months, as we've
previously discussed. I am not exactly sure what "support" means in this
context. I guess when we talk about supporting releases, what we actually
mean is that we support major/minor release lines. So, in this case, we
"support" 1.2.x, in so much as we will continue to apply bugfixes to that
branch.

Do I have this right? (I will update the current release page and my email
template if I get confirmation.)

--
NS