couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Simplify active release branches (Was: Re: [DISCUSS] Git workflow)
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 22:21:10 GMT
On 25 April 2013 23:16, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com> wrote:

> If we are reliable about forward compatibility and breaking changes

That's the plan!

> In practice it's identical (keep around as many versions as makes
> sense for supporting real users), but the numbering does change.

Right, so we'd keep major point release branches around for 12 months, and
then retire them.

The proposal is to "support" releases for 12 months. Where by "support" we
mean, "we will apply fixes and do a bugfix release if it is necessary" and
nothing else. We will provide patches for security issues for any
unsupported releases for 24 months, I think. The actual dates don't matter
for this discussion.

--
NS