couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: [4/6] git commit: updated refs/heads/1.3.x to 5e64395
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 21:00:18 GMT
On 15 April 2013 20:30, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2013, at 02:52 , wendallc@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Refactor javascript runner script to handle couchdb restarts. Single interpreter
per test.

>> Project: http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/repo
>> Commit: http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/commit/9838eef7
>> Tree: http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tree/9838eef7
>> Diff: http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/diff/9838eef7
>>
>> Branch: refs/heads/1.3.x
>
> Can you update NEWS & CHANGES with the test suite updates in all the relevant branches?
>
> Thanks! :)
> Jan
> --
> PS: We should really address not having to do this manually anymore. Noah, would now
be
> a good time rethinking all this?

Now is a good time. Alex has some nice refactoring work that *hint*
could be pushed to an asf branch Real Soon Now, and we can roll this
into it.

In principle what we would need are 2 things:

- discplined workflow (oh noes) to ensure that all CHANGES-worthy work
has a corresponding update in .rst files, with a suitable
`version-added` tag.
- some nifty python to pull those version-added tags into a section in
the generated docs

I can write up the first part, but I'm not comfortable with the 2nd
bit, assuming its the right approach. Any takers?

A+
Dave