couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Corrupted database example file
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 08:31:48 GMT
On 19 April 2013 00:41, Victor Nicollet <vnicollet@runorg.com> wrote:
> I searched the logs for any signs of error. The operations performed on the
> prod-folder database in the two hours before the first crash were :
>
> https://gist.github.com/VictorNicollet/878d0176960cc71d9ac1
>
> The compact at 10:54:08 finished without a hitch.
> The compact at 11:54:07 finished with :
>
> https://gist.github.com/VictorNicollet/4d6ccd60bec2ae922a32

Hi Victor,

thanks for that information.

Can we get a working copy of the database, so we can compare the
corrupt compressed documents with the working ones and see if there's
any pattern?

I recommend you assume there's some storage system issue and:

- check dmesg / syslog for disk related errors
- fsck the filesystem where the couches are
- if this is a managed / hosted server you might want to get the
supplier to check if there are any disk / storage issues
- if it's not virtualised hardware, see if smartmontools tells you
anything useful

If you wish, you can encrypt files using my public key,
http://www.apache.org/dist/couchdb/KEYS dch@ apache.org.

A+
Dave