couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Victor Nicollet <vnicol...@runorg.com>
Subject Corrupted database example file
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:17:38 GMT
Hello,

The @CouchDB twitter account thought you might find this information
helpful.

My SaaS start-up uses CouchDB as its primary database. Lately, I have been
having database corruption issues with version 1.2.0 : every few weeks, one
of our databases becomes corrupted, which has several negative consequences
(among others) :

   - Replication of that database fails (it does not even start).
   - Compaction of that database fails and *freezes* the server.
   - Several documents in the database become inaccessible through either
   direct access or through _all_docs.

 The latest affected database does not contain any information about our
customers, so I am allowed to release it publicly :

http://nicollet.net/public/2013-04-18.couchdb/prod-folder.couch

This database contains 325 irretrievable documents between identifiers
2xFEY0pU2Eb and 3Fn6l04G6Oa.
I hope this helps,

--
Victor Nicollet, CTO, www.runorg.com