couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Victor Nicollet <vnicol...@runorg.com>
Subject Re: Corrupted database example file
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 22:07:31 GMT
Replying to my own mail, hoping it will end up in the same thread (I was
not fully subscribed when I posted this, but I still read the archives).

Answers to the questions you asked :

 - I have no idea when the issue happened. I will try to track it down in
the logs. I'm afraid I don't have time to filter out all customer
information from the logs and provide them to you, though I can certainly
grep for error dumps if you want me to. I have never seen disk-related
errors in the log.
 - I am running Debian x86_64 GNU/Linux, with erlang 1:15.b.1-d
 - There are no unusual CouchDB configuration options ; the only change I
performed was to disable reduce_limit. A perhaps notable usage aspect : all
the databases are compacted hourly.
 - It's not NFS. From /etc/fstab :

/dev/sda1       /       ext4    errors=remount-ro       0       1
/dev/sda2       /home   ext4    defaults                0       2

The dual-partition setup is a silly default from OVH (my dedicated server
host), so I have /var/lib/couchdb as a symlink to /home/couchdb/lib, from
sda1 to sda2.

- I can't rule out a disk issue, because I don't have a lot of experience
with those... any obvious diagnosis command you would like me to run ? I am
certain that I have not run out of disk space, though (still around 1TB
free on that drive).

Thank you for your patience.

--
Victor Nicollet, Directeur Technique, www.runorg.com