couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Git workflow
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 08:13:41 GMT
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> If production branches follow that rule then there will be broken
> commits that won't build. A feature, or fix, will not land atomically,
> but in all its constituent parts. That's the thing we are striving to
> avoid.

Well a feature or fix for a production branch should only land in
production branch generally except if it's come from the master and
can be applied cleanly. Most of the time it needs small changes to
work and is definitely not the same commit that we can have on the
master. (People that are actually editing a commit from master to be
applied on a production branch should die in hell ;) ) In short all
commits are atomic in their context.

So the problem doesn't exist in my mind when you apply the git workflow

- benoit