couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Wendall Cada <wenda...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Corrupted database example file
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 16:42:20 GMT
If using the defaults isn't this set to delayed_commits = true still?
Can't this lead to just this type of data corruption? I'd like to see
delayed_commits = false and see if this is still happening.

I'd also be keen on seeing this data replicated to a different piece of
hardware with the same compaction schedule and see if the issue
persists. I'm inclined to point the finger at a hard disk issue, but
would like to see some confirmation that this can be reproduced with the
same exact code on different hardware.

I've run this same version heavily in production on several different
systems doing essentially the same thing and have never seen a data
corruption. The main difference is I always use delayed_commits = false

Wendall