couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The BigCouch merge, CouchDB 2.0, 3.0 and later
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2013 20:24:43 GMT
It's not going away. It still exists on the back end interface, but it's the admins job to
purge at all replicas. The AP clustering model cannot guarantee a cluster-wide purge.

The reason BigCouch doesn't support purge is that we need to synchronise replicas of the same
shard. Purging removes all trace of a document, so it can easily cause replicas to be different
forever. This is bad for a database. :)

Sent from my iPhone