couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>
Subject Re: Getting started with Fauxton (Was: Re: Committer nominations welcome)
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:11:16 GMT
Would be great to have that in the READMEā€¦ ;)

and then todo.md (http://todo.md) for some things that need to be done.

> Understanding the code:
> Each bit of functionality is its own seperate module or addon. All core modules are stored
under app/module and any addons that are optional are under app/addons.
> We use backbone.js (http://backbonejs.org/) and Backbone.layoutmanager quite heavily
(https://github.com/tbranyen/backbone.layoutmanager) so best to get an idea how they work.
Its best at this point to read through a couple of the modules and addons to get an idea of
how they work. I would recommend starting with something easy like app/addon/config then take
a look at app/modules/databases. Each module must have a base.js file, this is read and compile
when Fauxton is deployed. A resource.js file is usually for your Backbone.Models and Backbone.Collections,
view.js for your Backbone.Views. The routes.js is used to register a url path for your view
along with what layout, data, breadcrumbs and api point is required for the view.

> That should hopefully get you started Fauxton. If you have any more questions let me
know and I or one of the other Fauxton committers can will help you out. I'm also in the couchdb
irc channel as garren.

> Cheers
> Garren
>

> On 11 Mar 2013, at 4:36 PM, Dominic Barnes <dominic@dbarnes.info (mailto:dominic@dbarnes.info)>
wrote:

> > How can I get started? Any wiki pages or other resources I can refer to? A
> > walk-through of the code would be awesome. :)
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org (mailto:nslater@apache.org)>
wrote:

> > > This is excellent news Dominic!

> > > don't
> > >

> > > away.

> > > project.

> > > is
> > > > >

> > > and

> > > email
and tell us why you think they should be

That is a dedicated resource for

> > > people

> > > There
Just