couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google+ community?
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:29:53 GMT
Interesting idea, Matt. Again though, I really think we should aim to
involve a human being. I think if there's a tagging system, or a +1 system,
that helps to surface interesting threads, then fine. But there should be a
person reviewing these, and using their judgement, and knowledge of what is
already happening on the list to post what seems relevant. I might add that
anyone can do this! God knows, I already have enough things to do. ;)

On 11 March 2013 16:04, matt j. sorenson <matt@sorensonbros.net> wrote:

> I think about the aggregation and curation challenge sometimes...
>
> and *sometimes* I even think of ways it might be made easier. I just tried
> Feed+ for generating feeds from public G+ posts -- it seems to work great
> for individual profiles, but failed for the Community profile. I emailed
> the author (a google employee and google apps script extraordinaire) to see
> about getting support in there for G+ Communities.
>
> if that were to become possible, then there can be a feed of posts. Maybe
> there's a way to rank by the accumulated +1's (in the feed, or
> post-processing).
>
> The feed could be
>
> MAPPED
>
> to an aggregator (I do this a lot in Drupal with feeds to import content,
> but it could just be dropped into a public couch instance); and then the
> newsy mailing-list worthy stuff could be quickly
>
> REDUCED
>
> by a tagging mechanism. E.g. tag share-worthy things "mailing list" and a
> weekly job sniffs those out and sends them to the mailing list. It's
> automated, but it's curated first.
>
> I'm not sure if all that hypothetical hocus pocus technology would actually
> make it easier than just scanning the community once a week sending out
> some interesting links :P I'm just brainstorming.
>
>  :D
>
> --
> *matt j. sorenson*
>

> On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I had a chat with Infra and they do not like automated posts to the
> mailing
> > list. I am going to set up some alarms for me to remind me to do weekly
> > roundups. That also means I get to curate the stuff I think is important.
> >

> > On 9 March 2013 22:27, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > i will have a look to see if it can be  automatised. If not i can
> [...]
Historically,
> > we've
> There
part of the