couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Developers
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 13:05:46 GMT
Hi Thomas,

On 17 March 2013 04:35, Thomas Zamanis <thomas@printoptions.com.au> wrote:

> 1.      How do I source developers to support my appraisal and production?

There are a few consulting CouchDB engineers on this list that might be
able to help you.

Beyond that, I suppose that the "CouchDB" search term might help. I am
guessing there are website where you can search for and  hire engineers for
consulting work. Not sure though!

> 2.      Is it easy for some-one outside of this development sphere to
> understand and develop this software based on java experience?

If you can program Java, you can certainly wrap your head around CouchDB!

> 3.      How long has this platform existed for and what are the future
> goals
> to expand and maintain?

CouchDB has been around since 2005! We were the first document (or NoSQL)
database written for use with the web.

A big item on our current roadmap is the addition of clustering. (i.e.
Being able to run CouchDB on many servers at once, so that you can scale up
very big.) But that's just one of many.

CouchDB is a project of the Apache Software Foundation, so we place a
strong emphasis on community building. We do this because we believe that a
healthy community is the best way to ensure the growth of the project.

> 4.      What sort of major companies have absorbed this platform, as a
> mainstay into their environment?

Some other people know more about this than me, so I will let them answer.

Thanks,

--
NS