couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Comments threads on Github
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 20:30:34 GMT
On 15 March 2013 20:13, matt j. sorenson <matt@sorensonbros.net> wrote:

> What I get back is "this is what we've always done, so this is what we'll
> always do", which is fine.

I think that's a little unfair, Matt.

Admittedly, my first instinct is to say "this is policy, it's not changing,
suck it up." But only because explaining policy takes time, and well, I am
a pretty lazy person. But I very specifically went out of my way so as not
to prop up my arguments by saying that they were policy and therefor were
beyond reproach. I explained what our goal is wrt communication, and why
the mailing list policy supports that goal. And even made it explicit that
policy can be changed. (Just to make DOUBLE sure, in my own mind, that I
was not resting on the "this is how we've always done it, so this is how
we'll always do it" line of argument.)

> And I apologize if I'm rocking the boat too much.

CouchDB is a do-ocracy. And that includes boat-rocking.

--
NS