couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Prepare Apache CouchDB 1.3.0-rc.2
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:52:36 GMT
Dear community,

I would like to propose that we prepare Apache CouchDB 1.3.0-rc.2.

The project aims to produce time-based releases. If your favourite feature
is not ready for this version, it can be included in the next version.
However, if you know of anything that should block the release, please
speak up now.

The 1.3.0 NEWS entry as it stands:

 * The source code repository was migrated from SVN to Git.
 * Added view request duration to Futon.
 * Fixed unnecessary conflict when deleting and creating a
   document in the same batch.
 * New and updated passwords are hashed using PBKDF2.
 * Fix various bugs in the URL rewriter when recursion is involved.
 * Added Server-Sent Events protocol to db changes API.
 * Moved the JS test suite to the CLI.
 * Make password hashing synchronous when using the /_config/admins API.
 * Added utc_id UUID algorithm.
 * Encode database name during URL rewriting.
 * Include user name in show/list ETags.
 * Per module log levels.
 * Server-wide UUID in some replication ids.
 * E4X support in views is now deprecated and will be removed
   in a future version.
 * Experimental support for Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS).

The 1.3.0 CHANGES entry as it stands:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb.git;a=blob_plain;&f=CHANGES;hb=1.3.x

Are these accurate? Please double check any work you may have done and make
sure that the corresponding NEWS and CHANGES entries are up-to-date.

Thanks,

--
NS