couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Send Github new comment notifications to the dev list
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 23:16:53 GMT
Hello devs,

In an attempt to rescue the last thread I started, I am separating out a
discussion item.

I propose that we send Github new comment notifications to the dev list.
These would be triggered every time somebody comments on a pull request
that is made against the apache/couchdb repository. This will give us
oversight that we currently do not have, and should enable more active
participation by the community.

This is an experimental step forward, to see if it works for us or not. It
is being done in the spirit of other similar proposals this month, such as
highlighting important Google+ content, and bringing it to the list, so
that it can enjoy a wider audience.

If it does not work, we can disable the functionality or make further
improvements.

You do not have to respond if you think this is a good idea. In 72 hours I
will assume lazy consensus.

Please think carefully before you -1 this suggestion. If we send new
comment notifications to the list, and they are obviously annoying, or they
are not working out, or they start to encourage interaction that is
unhealthy for the project, anyone is free to make the proposal that we
disable them. I am just wanting a green light to start this experiment.

Thank you,

--
NS