couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Featured in Computerworld
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 13:50:22 GMT
We were featured in Computerworld's list of 15 high-impact Apache projects:

This database uses JSON for documents, JavaScript for MapReduce queries,
> and HTTP for an API. CouchDB’s core feature is its replication mechanism,
> says Jan Lehnhardt, a longtime contributor to the project.

“It allows [us] to synchronize any instance of CouchDB with any other. Each
> copy of the data can be worked on independently, and changes can be
> synchronized back to all other members of the group. Naturally occurring
> conflicts can be dealt with programmatically.”

CouchDB replication can be used to distribute data globally or move it

http://www.computerworld.com.au/slideshow/455802/pictures_15_high-impact_apache_projects/?image=4

--
NS