couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.3.0-rc.2
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:54:03 GMT
Alex, check out:

http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Multiple-Outputs

It's set up so that Make is checking the lock file in a loop, until it is
removed by another rule. (This is so that parallel Make works.) There's a
good chance that the process that was meant to remove the lockfile did not,
and so Make just sat there twiddling it's thumbs waiting for something that
was never going to happen.

This is the first report I've seen of this happening. And there's a good
chance that this is some subtle bug I've not yet experienced. (This part of
the build is quite new.) Please take a look, and report back if you spot
anything.

Just to be clear, as it stands, I don't consider this to be a release
blocker. But I would be interested in chasing it down as a bug in
a separate thread.

--
NS